◆ Tasks in this topic can only be performed by an Admin.
The process of adding users to Cloudability is very similar to other Apptio applications. For general information on adding users, see Manage users.
Roles in Frontdoor and Cloudability
There are three roles in Frontdoor for Cloudability users:
- Admin - A user with this role can add, edit, or delete users in Frontdoor. This role functions across all Apptio applications, including Cloudability.
- Cloudability admin - A user with this role can grant access to views within Cloudability.
- Cloudability user - A user with this role can access the Cloudability application via Frontdoor.
The Frontdoor roles are mapped to corresponding roles in Cloudability:
- Administrator - This role is granted to users who log in to Cloudability with either the Admin or Cloudability admin role on Frontdoor. A user with this role has full access to Cloudability.
- User - This role is granted to users who log into Cloudability with the Cloudability user Frontdoor role. A user with this role has limited access to Cloudability.
Add users in Cloudability
You can initiate this process from within the Cloudability app. You will be redirected to Frontdoor, and you will add the Cloudability users to Frontdoor to grant them access to Cloudability.
- Under the user profile icon at the top right of the Cloudability app, click Frontdoor Home.
The Frontdoor home page appears.
- Under the gear icon in the top right, click Access Administration.
The Access Administration console appears with the Users tab selected by default.
- Click Add User. Type the user information in the boxes provided. For Username and Email, use the format email@example.com.
The email value does not need to match the username value. Email is used for Apptio-generated emails (for example, a password reset).
- If available, select an Account Type.
- Clear the Active check box to deactivate a user.
Deactivated users do not have access to environments until they are made active (see Activate or deactivate a user).
- Select the Do not send user activation email check box to prevent a user activation email from being sent to the user's Email.
Users created in a Single Sign-On (SSO)-enabled domain will not be sent emails regarding user activation.
- Click Add.
- If your organization has a single environment, click Next. If your organization has multiple environments, select the Customer and Environment from the lists provided, then click Grant Access to Created User.
- Select the roles to assign the user, then click Save.
- Admin - A Cloudability administrator.
- Cloudability User - A non-administrator Cloudability user.
- To assign the user to additional roles in another environment, click Continue Granting. To view the user's information, click View User.
Manage views and dashboards for existing users
You can manage users' access to views and dashboards directly within Cloudability.
- In the Cloudability left panel, click Settings > Users.
- Use the checkboxes to select one or more users. To select multiple users, click the Edit Multiple button.
- Once you have made your selection, you can define the users' access to views and dashboards.
TIP: If you do not assign a view to a user, the user will not see any data until you deselect the Restrict Access to Selected Views checkbox.
- When you're done, click Save.
Set default view and dashboard permissions for all new users
You can use the New User View section to set default view and dashboard permissions for all subsequently created new users.