This guide will help you connect your PagerDuty Services to Cloudability.
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- On your Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
- Select Cloudability from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration, this will be used :
- From the Main Menu click Settings and select Vendors
- Select the Pagerduty tab and click Yes, I'm Ready
- If an integration already exists, please click Add a credential
- Enter the Integration Name and Integration Key in the boxes and click save
- You are now ready to use Pagerduty in the supported areas of the Cloudability application.
What can Cloudability do with my integration key in Pagerduty?
We integrate with v2 of Pagerduty’s Events API. From their website: “The Events API v2 is a highly reliable, highly available asynchronous API that ingests events from monitoring tools. Events sent to this API are routed to a PagerDuty service and processed. They may result in a new alert and/or incident being created, or an existing one being updated or resolved. Previously, the Events API was also used to integrate PagerDuty with ticketing systems and various other software tools. Today, we recommend using the synchronous Incidents API to integrate ticketing systems or other systems of record with PagerDuty.” Therefore, integration keys only allow sending alerts to a service.