To integrate your Datadog account with our platform, we need both of your Datadog API key and Application key.
First, this integration will require about 300 API requests per hour as Cloudability needs to collect a month's data within 24 hours. 300 API request per hour per organization is the default rate set by the Datadog side. If you are using the Datadog API for other purposes, we highly recommend you to contact your Datadog Support to request an increase in the number of API requests you can make. In general, we recommend increasing it to between 600 and 900 API requests per hour per organization. This is a simple, free request to Datadog and you can reference Cloudability in your request.
Next, here are the steps you need to take in your Datadog console:
In your Datadog console,
- Under Team, invite a new member as an Admin User for the integration - see Datadog’s User Roles and Permission for more information.
- Log in as the newly created Admin Only User.
- Under Integrations >> APIs,
- Create a new API key.
- Create a new Application key.
- Once the keys are created, copy and paste them into the respective text inputs under the Datadog tab on the Vendor Credentials page.
- Log into Cloudability >> Settings >> Vendor Credentials
- Rate Limit -- input your API limit; as previously stated, if you are using the Datadog API for other purposes, we highly recommend you to contact your Datadog Support to request an increase in the number of API requests you can make.
- It is recommended to downgrade the Admin User to Read Only User for this integration's purpose to follow the best practice of information security and privacy.
- If you are already an Administrator and need to be the lead for this integration, you will need to invite yourself as a new user using a different email address than the one currently set as an Admin User, create the keys then downgrade yourself to a Read Only User.