This guide will help you setup your Google Cloud Platform (GCP) credentials in order for Cloudability to start ingesting your billing data.
Before we can begin the process, there are a few things you need to do in your GCP console.
Export your billing data to BigQuery
This is the preferred method for allowing us to access the data. Google has a tutorial called Export Billing Data to BigQuery in their documentation that thoroughly describes how to do this.
Create a Service Account and Generate a JSON Key
- In your GCP Console, select the project (from the GCP tutorial above) where your GCP BigQuery Billing Export lives
- Open the Menu drawer if it's not already open (top left corner)
- Select IAM Roles & admin
- Create a new Service Account that we can use to access your BigQuery Billing Table (Note: Make sure to follow the next step after selecting "Create Service Account")
- Before finalizing the Service Account creation, we need to grant it the appropriate privileges (BigQuery Data Viewer and BigQuery Job User) and Generate a new JSON Key
After you've completed the GCP configuration (Enabling the Billing Data Export, Creating a Service Account and Generating your JSON Key), you'll be ready to add your new GCP credentials in Cloudability.
Adding GCP Credentials
- Select the Gear Icon in the top right and under App Settings, select Vendor Credentials
- Select GCP tab, above the toolbar
- If this is the first time adding GCP credentials to Cloudability and you have created a Service Account and generated a JSON Key, select "Yes, I'm ready"
- Proceed to Step 2 to Enter your Billing Export Information and upload your JSON Key file
- After entering your Billing Export Table, Billing Export Dataset and uploading your JSON Key you'll want to select Save, completing the process and adding your new credential to Cloudability's system