Integrating your AWS account(s) with our platform is a two-stage process. First, you will setup Billing Reports for us to ingest cost and usage data (read-only) for each payer account, which also automatically includes all associated linked accounts’ cost data. Second, you’ll setup access to your utilization data from CloudWatch for each linked account.
Stage 1: Add Consolidated Account 15-20 min. setup, 4-24 hrs. until data first appears in Cloudability
- Create S3 Bucket: To store your data
- Enable Billing Reports: To generate cost and usage data
- Enable tags for Billing Reports: To give more visibility into spend
- Generate Access Credentials: To allow us to access S3 bucket to ingest the Billing Reports
Repeat to add more payer accounts. To setup Linked accounts, continue to Stage 2.
Stage 2: Add Linked Account Data 10 min. setup
Your consolidated account will show linked accounts, but without utilization data (when Stage 1 is complete). Continue below to connect utilization data to your linked accounts.
- Create new AWS Cloudability user: To create a policy for CloudWatch data permissions
- Generate Access Credentials: To allow us to access CloudWatch API to view utilization data
Repeat to add more linked accounts.