Multi-User support lets any Cloudability account be accessed by as many unique users as your company needs. Each user can have their own custom dashboard, reports, views, and email preferences.
In this section, we'll cover:
From the Users page, click Add User.
1) Enter the user's Name.
2) Enter their email address, so that we can email them their login and account information.
3) Select a Role for the user.
- Admins have access to the "Manage" dropdown which includes Credentials, Accounts, Tag Mapping, and Users.
- Users have access to the Cost and Usage Dropdowns which include Cost Analytics, Usage Analytics, the Reserved Instance Planner, etc.
Views are available as part of Cloudability Enterprise. For more information, read the Introduction to Views.
4) Assign Views to the user to define the options in their Views selector at the top of Cloudability.
Note: If the user is not Restricted they will be able to access the Manage Views link in the View selector to see all other Views, as well as add themselves to any View they want.
Important note for those with sensitive data: If you do not want a user to have access to all data, be sure to set them as Restricted. Simply assigning Views to them will not lock the user out of accessing other Views.
Restricted Users are only able to access the Views assigned to them.
5) The Default View defines the dataset for the daily summary emails that a user receives from Cloudability. It is also the View that is selected by default when a user logs in.
If the user has multiple Views assigned they will still be able to switch to them regardless of their Default View. A user can also change can set any Assigned View as their Default View via the Preferences page.
Although Roles and Views have to be set by an admin, any user can customize their own Cloudability experience. In addition to building your own custom dashboard that's unique to your own login, you can further define your preferences with the following settings:
Email report frequency: Select what time of day and how frequently you would like to receive your cloud spend summary emails.
Rolling average preferences: Select the time period upon which we base your rolling averages, from 1-90 days.
Non-recurring cost preferences: Choose whether to include upfront costs such as Reserved Instance payments and support payments in your reports or not.