Views allow you to build app-wide filters for different Users on your Cloudability account, to narrow Cloudability's data into a specific set of tags and accounts.
In this article, we'll cover:
- What can Views do?
- Selecting a View
- Creating a new View
- Setting a default View
- Managing existing Views
By filtering your spending data with Cloudability Views, you can:
- Create different default Views for different users on your account, so that every user sees the data relevant to their role at your business.
- Allow users to create their own Views, customizing them to split spending by business unit, division or anything else you like
- Share universally relevant data across your account with Shared Views, and reserve specialized data for individual users.
- Cooperate with users across your organization by editing and sharing Views between multiple users.
Using the drop-down at the top right of the interface, you can select a pre-existing View that will only show spending from tags and accounts that have been included in that View.
To create a View go to the Management section, and click Views.
Select the New View Icon in the upper right hand side of the screen.
1) Enter a Title for your view so you can easily find it.
2) Views that are set to Private are only accessible in your user account. All other views will be accessible by non-restricted users and admins in your organization.
3) Add Filters to narrow the scope of the view based on:
- Account groups
- Tag values
- Account name
- Account ID
4) Assign the View to specific users to make it available for them in their Views selector.
When entering multiple filter arguments in a single View, the system will infer an implied OR between the same dimension, and an implied AND across two dissimilar dimensions. Here is an example:
Important note for those with sensitive data: If you do not want a user to have access to all data, be sure to set them as a Restricted user. Simply assigning Views to them will not lock the user out of accessing other Views.
You can set a default view for your account in the Preferences page.
Setting a default view will not only mean that you see that View by default when you login, it will also apply to your daily Cloudability emails.
From the Views modal you can edit or create new Views. Shared Views are visible to everyone in your organization.
Views and Account Groups are available in the Enterprise edition of Cloudability. multiple Users are available as part of the Pro edition.
For more information on Views, check out these resources: