Scale down or stop development and test resources during periods of underutilization. Detect and remove waste. Create and maintain a culture of cost savings.
In the Automation Beta, you can setup and schedule the following tasks:
- Unattached EBS Volume Cleanup: Find, Snapshot, and Remove Unattached EBS Volumes. In this task you can choose Accounts and Tags in which you'd like to scan for Unattached Volumes, and configure how long you want us to have seen the Volume as unattached before we generate a snapshot and terminate the volume.
- ASG Scale Down & Scale Up: Scale ASGs down to 0, and back up, on a schedule. Turn your development resources off during nights and weekends. Select ASGs by Account, Tag, or Name.
- EC2 Stop & Start: Stop & Start your EC2 instances on a schedule. Turn your development resources off during nights and weekends. Select EC2s by Account, ID, Tag, or Name.
Monitor the impact to your environment through the Audit Log:
View each task run, when it was executed, and see the number of resources affected during that run.
Get Beta Access:
- Reach out to your primary contact at Cloudability, or signup on the Beta Programs Page.
- Once you've been granted access (Automation is an Admin only feature), you'll need to generate a new credential policy for each account you want to perform automation on.
- Please make sure the Automation box is checked when you create the policy.
- Once you've generated a new policy that includes Automation, you should delete any existing Cloudability credentials stack(s), and create a new one. Once that is complete, you should reverify your credentials in Cloudability. Go here for full credentials overview.
- Create your first Automation Task! (We recommend scoping your first task to a single or small set of resources)