Scale down or stop development and test resources during periods of underutilization. Detect and remove waste. Create and maintain a culture of cost savings.
In the Automation Beta, you can setup and schedule the following tasks:
- Unattached EBS Volume Cleanup - Find, Snapshot, and Remove Unattached EBS Volumes. In this task you can choose Accounts and Tags in which you'd like to scan for Unattached Volumes, and configure how long you want us to have seen the Volume as unattached before we generate a snapshot and terminate the volume.
- EBS Snapshot Creation - Create a schedule to generate snapshots from EBS volumes by Account, Tag, Name, and ID.
- EBS Snapshot Cleanup - Cleanup old EBS snapshots that are costing you money. Create a policy for how long they should stick around. Select Snapshots by Account and Tag.
- ASG Scale Down & Scale Up: Scale ASGs down to 0, and back up, on a schedule. Turn your development resources off during nights and weekends. Select ASGs by Account, Tag, or Name.
- EC2 Stop & Start - Stop & Start your EC2 instances on a schedule. Turn your development resources off during nights and weekends. Select EC2s by Account, ID, Tag, or Name. *We don't currently support EC2 instances that have an attached EBS volume that is encrypted.
- RDS Stop & Start - Stop RDS instances during periods when they aren't utilized and start them up again when you need them. Select instances by Account, ID, and tag.
Monitor the impact to your environment through the Audit Log:
View each task run, when it was executed, and see the number of resources affected during that run.
Get Beta Access:
- Reach out to your primary contact at Cloudability, or request access on the Beta Programs Page.
- Once you've been granted access (Automation is an Admin only feature), you'll need to generate a new credential policy for each account you want to perform automation on.
- Please make sure the Automation box is checked when you create the policy.
- Once you've generated a new policy that includes Automation, you should delete any existing Cloudability credentials stack(s), and create a new one. Once that is complete, you should reverify your credentials in Cloudability. Go here for full credentials overview.
- Create your first Automation Task! (Please scope your tasks during beta to a single or small set of resources)