Set up for Azure Rightsizing with our platform is a three-stage process. First, enable utilization metrics collection for all subscriptions, if you have not done so already. Second, permit Cloudability to access resource information needed to build the Rightsizing model. Third, permit Cloudability to access memory utilization metrics.
Stage 3: Enable access to utilization metrics
This guide will help you setup access to Azure resource information within Cloudability that we'll need to build the Rightsizing model.
Before you begin the process, ensure that:
- You are a Cloudability administrator
- In Azure Active Directory, that you have one of the following Directory roles: 1) Global Administrator, 2) Application developer, or 3) Cloud application administrator.
- You have enabled diagnostic metrics for Azure Compute VMs in the Subscriptions you'll credential
Permissions you are granting Cloudability
When you give Cloudability access Azure Service Management, you grant us Reader role for your Active Directory. Reader role allows us to get information about resources in your subscription(s) but not make any changes. Learn more
We will obtain resource information, including VM and disk information as well as utilization, via access to Azure Service management.
1. As a Cloudability administrator, navigate to the Vendor Credentials page.
2. Select the edit pencil icon along on the row for any Subscription.
3. Click on the Select Subscriptions under Azure Service Management.
4. Select the Subscription(s) for which you will generate Storage Account SAS tokens and select Ok.
5. Select Generate Links.
6. Click on each link to grant permission.
7. In the new tab opened, select Accept to authorize.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 for all available Tenant IDs.